First Jetta Dyno Session by Toby Erkson
I bought a gift certificate for a baseline dyno run on the Matrix Engineering dyno for $40 in December of 2002. Normally a $75 value, I figured why not? Great deal and I can finally get a baseline of my engine. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! 110-hp and 128-ft/lb...about 10-hp more than I expected
During the dyno run...
This is what has been done to the engine and drivetrain that would affect performance:
- Synthetic oil in engine and tranny
- Neuspeed P-Chip
- Cylinder compression upped from stock 9.6:1 to 10.5:1
- Modified air box:
- K&N air filter
- ATC flap removed, ATC intake routed from Kamei duct in front bumper
- larger fender air intake snorkle
- MagnaFlow 2.25" stainless steel exhaust system (cat-back)
Here are the results:
Picture color and resolution are a bit off because I was using my 1960's Polaroid camera.
But...the Mustang dyno isn't good for getting a basic, baseline run that can be COMPARED to other cars.
So with worthless results I waited my time, getting some new parts and formulated a new testing plan...